Western Wayne County
Fire Department Mutual Aid Association
  •  

    April 19, 2021
    Member Login
    Username:

    Password:


    Not registered yet?
    Click Here to sign-up

    Forgot Your Login?

    Site Search
    Site Map
    RSS Feeds

    PREVENTING CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING

    • Service all heating systems and all gas-, oil- or coal-burning appliances by a technician annually.

    • Install a battery-operated and electric-powered carbon monoxide detector in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. If the detector sounds, leave your home immediately and call 911.

    • Contact a doctor if you believe you have carbon monoxide poisoning.

    • Do not use gas-powered devices such as a generator, grill or stove inside your home, basement or near a near a window or door. Generators should be operated more than 15 feet from the home.

    • Do not run any gas-powered motor inside a closed structure, such as a garage.

    • Do not heat a home with a gas oven.

    UnionActive IBEW Newswire
     
    Join the Newswire!
    Updated: Apr. 19 (05:41)

    Alvin Thornton's Celebration of Life
    IBEW Local 387
    Berg's Going Union Campaign
    IBEW Local 332
    Berg Press Release
    IBEW Local 100
    SAFETY SHIRTS
    IBEW Local 191
    Safety Shirts
    IBEW Local 191
    IBEW Organizing Press Release
    IBEW Local 6
     
         
  • Farmington Hills firefighters respond to Kendallwood Drive fire
    Posted On: Feb 03, 2021

    Farmington Hills firefighters battled a Kendallwood Drive fire early Saturday morning.

    Some Kendallwood Drive residents were sleeping when they smelled smoke in their Farmington Hills home early Saturday morning, according to fire officials. 

    They were able to call 911 and escape the one-story home by jumping out of a bedroom window and not sustaining any injuries.

    Firefighters from all of the city’s fire stations began pulling up to the blazing home in the 28000 block of Kendallwood Drive, northeast of the intersection of Farmington and Twelve Mile roads, at 1:25 a.m.

    They found an attached garage containing two vehicles ablaze. Security camera footage indicates the firefighters searched the home and placed flames under water within a minute, fire officials said.

    “This is an excellent example of aggressive tactics used by our firefighters to stop the progression of fire,” Fire Chief Jon Unruh said in a statement.  “Due to the quick response, there was extraordinarily little damage done to the interior of the home.” 

    The fire remains under investigation but officials said “all indications show that it was accidental.”

    No other information was available. 

    More:Farmington Hills doctor sentenced for Medicaid fraud

    More:Farmington superintendent, two board members resign following harassment claims

    Farmington Hills firefighters battled a Kendallwood Drive fire early Saturday morning. They said they were able to save most of the home's interior.

    Contact reporter Susan Vela at svela@hometownlife.com or 248-303-8432. Follow her on Twitter @susanvela


  • Western Wayne Co. Fire Dept Mutual Aid Assoc.

    Copyright © 2021.
    All Rights Reserved.

    Powered By UnionActive



    111146 hits since Mar 25, 2012


  • Top of Page image