Western Wayne County
Fire Department Mutual Aid Association
  • May 28, 2020


    Member Login


    Not registered yet?
    Click Here to sign-up

    Forgot Your Login?
    Site Search
    Site Map
    RSS Feeds


    • Service all heating systems and all gas-, oil- or coal-burning appliances by a technician annually.

    • Install a battery-operated and electric-powered carbon monoxide detector in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. If the detector sounds, leave your home immediately and call 911.

    • Contact a doctor if you believe you have carbon monoxide poisoning.

    • Do not use gas-powered devices such as a generator, grill or stove inside your home, basement or near a near a window or door. Generators should be operated more than 15 feet from the home.

    • Do not run any gas-powered motor inside a closed structure, such as a garage.

    • Do not heat a home with a gas oven.

    UnionActive IAFF Newswire
    Join the Newswire!
    Updated: May. 28 (04:06)

    Lt. Jim Haines E52 Last Tour
    Boston Fire Fighters
    IAFF- COVID-19
    Suncoast Firefighters
    Local 42's Office CLOSED
    IAFF Local 42
    VOTE YES on KC Question 1 on June 2nd Ballot
    IAFF Local 42
    June Union Meetings Canceled
    IAFF Local 42
    Tom Gilles Retirement
    IAFF Local 21

    Labor Headlines

    US labor news headlines from LabourStart

    Historic bargaining agreement raises WNBA salaries
    Sanders Doesn't Support USMCA Because It Doesn't Address Climate Change and Outsourcing
    Puerto Rico Retirees Could Face 8.5% Cut to Pensions, in Latest Blow for Island
    Delaware General Assembly staffers want to form country's first ‘partisan-inclusive' legislative worker union
    Union workers vote to possibly open talks with Spirit
  • Fire damages train depot in Novi, injures one firefighter
    Posted On: Apr 01, 2019

    Fire damaged about a third of an old train depot in Novi Thursday morning, and city officials must inspect the building to see if it can be revived, said Jeffery Johnson, Director of EMS & Fire Operations.

    Firefighters from Novi and Farmington Hills responded to the blaze behind Novi Feed LLC, 43963 Grand River Ave.  A Farmington Hills firefighter was injured when he fell through flooring. He was treated and released from Providence Park Hospital in Novi. 

    According to Johnson, dispatchers fielded a call about smoke on the north side of Grand River Avenue near the railroad overpass and then an additional call about flames and black smoke pluming from a building near the railroad.

    When firefighters arrived at about 7:50 a.m., flames were engulfing nearly half of the building. Four fire engines and nearly 20 firefighters took about an hour to get the fire under control.

    The closest hydrant was on the north side of the street, requiring police to block off some Grand River Avenue traffic during the firefighters' response.

    No cause has been determined.

    The building apparently was being used to store straw and for some U-Haul rental truck parking. The owner has told fire officials damage was about $10,000.

    “It definitely could have been a lot worse,” said Brendan Stanfield, who works at Novi Feed.

  • Western Wayne Co. Fire Dept Mutual Aid Assoc.

    Copyright © 2020.
    All Rights Reserved.

    Powered By UnionActive

    103183 hits since Mar 25, 2012

  • Top of Page image