• Service all heating systems and all gas-, oil- or coal-burning appliances by a technician annually.
• Install a battery-operated and electric-powered carbon monoxide detector in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. If the detector sounds, leave your home immediately and call 911.
• Contact a doctor if you believe you have carbon monoxide poisoning.
• Do not use gas-powered devices such as a generator, grill or stove inside your home, basement or near a near a window or door. Generators should be operated more than 15 feet from the home.
• Do not run any gas-powered motor inside a closed structure, such as a garage.
Northville Township firefighters brave brutal conditions to extinguish house fire
Posted On: Jan 30, 2019
No injuries were reported in the aftermath of a Jan. 20 Northville Township house fire that caused "significant" damage to a structure located in the 16000 Block of Forest Drive, according to township Fire Chief Brent Siegel.
In addition to the blaze, township firefighters had to endure brutally cold conditions that included sub-zero wind chills.
The cause and origin of the fire remained under investigation as of Jan. 21.
The Northville Township Fire Department was assisted by units from Northville city, Livonia and Novi.
"We would like to thank our mutual-aid partners for their assistance," Siegel noted.
Contact Ed Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-375-1113.
With many of its windows covered now in particle board, this home in the 16000 block of Forest Drive in Northville Township sustained significant damage in a recent fire. (Photo: John Heider | hometownlife.com)